Somerset SENDIAS during COVID-19
Somerset SENDIAS have developed contingency measures to ensure that the service remains open and available to all families over the coming weeks and months during the COVID-19 disruption.
Advice – within 48 hours via email email@example.com.
Support – by a SENDIAS team member via telephone and email for your individual situation.
SENDIAS provides information, advice and support on special educational needs and disability (SEND). It’s a statutory service, which means it must be provided by law.
During the current coronavirus pandemic there may be fewer of us to help you, you may not always be able to speak to the same person from SENDIAS.
SENDIAS can help you:
- Understand legal processes, such as Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessments and plans, knowing what you need to do and when.
- Understand how to lodge an appeal to SENDIST Tribunal and provide you with information, advice and support step by step through the tribunal process.
- Provide information and advice to prepare for meetings with schools. • Help you make decisions, by talking about what all your options are and the pros and cons of each.
- Know how to do practical tasks, such as asking for an EHC needs assessment, checking a draft EHC plan. • Understand how to deal with conflict in relationships with professionals or move forward when things have gone wrong.
- Help you to understand what information is important and to decide what to focus on.
- Feeling understood and listened to.